News

Elders Return to SWTOR Server Forums

Elders of the Republic was officially launched December 2015 by InlandSurfer, a 40+ year-old manager of a large manufacturing plant in the Pacific Northwest. He announced the formation of the guild by starting a Harbinger server forum thread and recruited older players through general chat on Coruscant. His sole purpose, according to his initial forum post, was to provide a gathering place for 40+ year-old professionals to participate in the game they love.

Several of us in the guild were recruited that December. We read his forum post and heard his recruitment message at the Republic capital. We were not alone. The forum post "<Elders of the Republic> Guild for Older Players" had many thousands of hits throughout its life on the Harbinger Server Forum. In fact, it had more hits than all but the largest guild forum threads on the server, and more hits than similar threads on any of the other North American servers. Clearly there were - and are - many of us older players in SWTOR who are looking for a sensible, mature gathering place to serve as in-game social home.

Almost exactly 2 years and three months from the start of InlandSurfer's initial thread, Elders of the Republic returned to the SWTOR server forums, this time on our new home of Satele Shan. If you read the new server forum thread and were directed here, Elders of the Republic might be for you.

Thank you for checking our guild website. We are a very patient and understanding community that recognizes work, family, children, (and grandchildren) must come first, even if you're in the middle of a group activity. Most of our members would be considered "casual" players, but our membership spans the range from PVE casual to PVP to hard-mode raiders, all who are more than happy to discuss the game and share their experiences.

If you are interested in joining the guild, please send an in-game message to Celsfalia (our guild master), P'Nugg (our raid leader), De-rezz (our PVP leader), myself (Kallinos), or simply type in "Elders" in the search window of the social tab. We usually have players on a good portion of the day. All of our members have invite privilege. Please be 40+ to apply.

Kallinos (Tank-Main) | Kallipolis (Heals) | Tyrtaeus (DPS)

If any of you get a chance, please bump this new thread that Kallinos started: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9559643#post9559643

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

Please try to help us maintain the top spot on the guild recruitment section of the swtor forums. This is the link to our guild's thread.  Just bump us with a quick comment.  This will help us with recruiting players.  Thanks!

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

That's great. I will write something. Also I want to mention our high population of women players. I think that we feel comfortable and welcome here is a huge recommendation for the guild!

Celsfalia (Sage-Telekinetics DPS), Celiallia (Operative-Lethality DPS)

Cels:

Please do! It is notable that most of the players in our recent undertooning ops mission were women. A comment from you on the forums would be most welcome. As a male player myself I felt an inexplicable, probably old-fashioned reluctance to advertise a high proportion of guild women players on a public forum (although it has certainly not escaped our notice).

Cels:

I just read your forum post. It is excellent! It makes me want to join Elders! You're my hero! Or should I say heroine?

Kal

Those are great posts.  Way to go!

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

I intend to post again once our guild notice drops to the second page of the server forum. Keeping a presence on the first page would be an encouraging sign to older players looking for a guild home that we are indeed an active group (which is the case). We miss you, Dee! Hoping that your relocation is going well.

Thanks Kallinos!  I got started early and moving is on track.  I bumped the thread today 4/19/18.

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

The thread has fallen off the main page as of 5/3/18.  Can someone bump this guild recruitment post please?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9559643#post9559643

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

Our recruitment thread sank down to the second page as of 7/27/2018.  Could someone please bump our recruitment thread?  We'd very much appreciate it!

Even a quick "hey Elders rock!" is fine.  We just want to bump it up to page 1 of the Satele Shan forum.  Here's the link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=946053&page=3

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

Thanks for bringing this up, Dee! I've been on vacation and haven't had a chance to login. Fortunately, MacLeoud bumped the thread. I hope to be home tomorrow and get back to playing. It hasn't been realistic during the break.

Kal

Great!  Maybe I can tank the training op with you on Friday.  I sure could use the gear.

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic

Thanks to De-Rezz, Cels, Devinity, MacCloud, and everyone for contributing to our Forum Recruitment Thread. We've passed 2700 hits, making it the third-highest read thread on the Satele Shan Forum Recruitment section (the other two have ~4000 hits but are on pages 7 and 17 of the forum site). Clearly there is interest in a guild for older players.

I had a chance to reread our four pages of posts. There are some fantastic testimonials. They make me want to be a better person.

Have a great game!

Since we started recruiting on Satele Shan we've gained about 40 toons to the guild.  I'm not sure how many new players that is, but it is definitely moving in the right direction!  Thanks for your hard work, Kal.  I think I can speak for us all when I say that you make us want to be better people.

De-rezz
PVP Officer
Elders of the Republic
About Elders of the Republic
We are a mostly social guild of older SWTOR gamers. Our members range in age from their early 40's to mid seventies. We have weekly scheduled operations and Warzones, and run Flaspoints and group content periodically throughout the week. Patient, friendly, and fun! Sister guild? Elders of the Sith! To join the guild ask a member. Search for Who "Elders" in the social tab or send an in-game message to Celsfalia. Please be 40+ to apply.
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em