Several 40+ year-old gamers have joined Elders of the Republic in the past couple of weeks. Welcome! You have already been enhancing our community. I hope that we have, in turn, been making you feel at home. Whether you're a fairly new or returning player interested in leveling up your favorite class, or trying a new class, or whether you are an experienced "raider" interested in PVE and PVP end-game content, we hope that Elders of the Republic can provide a comfortable place for you to complete your goals - and most of all to have fun!
So, if you are asking "I just joined the guild. What should I do next?" I would recommend the following:
- Please make an account on this website. To do so, you will need our "Launch Code" that you can find on the in-game guild tab. We need that level of security to avoid spammers that troll sites like ours.
- See if you can download "Discord", our in-game voice communication. It's free to use and is not too cpu-intensive. Detailed instructions are provided in the "Voice Server" tab on the menu bar of this website. Some of our members do not use Discord, but it is a very helpful tool to relay communications during group activities.
- Register one or more characters on our guild website. This isn't necessary, but is helpful if you wish to-
- Reserve a spot in a Friday-night training operation. We start getting together around 9:05 PM Pacific Standard Time. We apologize that the raids are scheduled very late for Central and East-coast time zones. No experience is necessary. We're there to learn and have fun!
- Visit our sister guild - Elders of the Sith. Most of us have characters on both the Republic and Imperial side. If we don't currently have players on the Imperial side, most of us playing on the Republic side would be happy to loggin and invite your toon(s).
- Visit our guild ships and strongholds. Both our Republic and Imperial guilds have strongholds and flagships, lovingly decorated under the over site of our guild master, Celsfalia.
- Check with guildies regarding group and endgame-group activities. We love to play!
Thank you for being part of our team. May the force be with you!
Last night, in a spontaneous instance of guild enthusiasm, select members of Elders of the Republic formed an ops group and defeated Lucky (the Corellia World Boss), Toxuun (a special event World Boss - defeated him twice), Eyeless, and Toborro (the Toborro's Courtyard single boss operation). For Toxuun we were joined by members of another guild and banded together for mutual benefit. For the operations bosses we invited a solo player who happened to be on the scene.
All operations and bosses were expertly tanked by Ehlanna on her shadow tank Josian with off-tanking support by Lannek on Laad. As always, a great deal of fun was had without anxiety within our guild.
If you are a 40+ year old player whether you have never set foot in an operation before or are an "old"-hand, interested in running your favorite operations and group activities with a fun, mature group of players, Elders of the Republic might be for you. Please check us out on this website or look us up in game.
Sunday night, six mature (O.K. most of us are simply "old") members of Elders of the Republic defeated Karagga the Unyielding in a Hard Mode ops. The group included one guardian tank (Kallinos), four amazing dps (Nessarose-Shadow, Celsfalia-Sage, Nathan'Brazil-Sage, and Ehlanna on her toon Tamara Renolds-Scoundrel) and one insane healer (Sophia-sage).
Undertooning operations in storymode operations is challenging enough. Attempting even an "easy" Hardmode operations with six players was a different experience and one that all participants found stimulating.
Noticeable accomplishments? Sophia managed to keep the raid alive by averaging 10 khps throughout most boss fights with some tactical off-heals by Nathan. Nessarose essentially defeated the Heavy Fabricator droid herself while serving as off-tank, and Kallinos, the main tank, managed to get himself defeated during enrage in two of the five boss fights. The whole experience was epic.
Were there harsh words exchanged among the participants? Of course not! We're Elders of the Republic and we're here to have fun, play well, and in many cases, look fashionable. If you are a 40+ year-old gamer who shares this mantra and is looking for a guild, check us out in game!
In a multi-evening odyssey, members of Elders of the Republic began the campaign against Izax the Destroyer. Lead by P'Nugg and encouraged by many who read and practiced outside of the regular timetable, the guild was able to make it through the first several phases of the fight to the point of the fake Master/Blaster tiled circles of death.
The boss fight is more complicated than other Storymode Operations fights that Elders have undertaken having many layers of mechanics even in Storymode. The campaign is expected to continue periodically throughout the week.
Are you visiting this site looking for a friendly guild willing to patiently attempt new mechanics? Please consider joining Elders of the Republic, a gathering place for older players.