Just thought i'd put something together quickly on the new "heirloom" armor that is available... how to get it, resources, stuff like that.
First, a great website that fully explains the new Light vs Dark event is at Dulfy - http://dulfy.net/2016/06/23/swtor-light-vs-dark-event-info-guide/
Here is the info I wanted to pass along:
1. In order to take part in the Light vs Dark Event, you need to start a new character ON or AFTER June 28, 2016. This is very important. I don't want anyone to be upset when they finally hit 50 with a toon they've had sitting around for a while and decided to finally finish the toon and get some cool armor.
2. The armor XP bonuses work as sets NOT on individual pieces. If you wear 3 pcs, you get +25% xp bonus. 5 pcs is +40% xp bonus. 7 pcs is +50% xp bonus.
3. The armor set is called Victorious Pioneer's Armor and it IS Legacy bound.
4. If you accomplish the fairly easy requirements, you should get the following armor pieces at the following levels:
level 50 - helm, chest, legs
level 65 - belt, bracers
level 65 - boots, gloves (available after release of Chapter 16 in late July)
5. There are NO armor slots in the pieces... only Mod & Enhancement. The armor is already fixed and I believe just attunes itself to the current planet/instance you are in.... up to item level 128.
6. The moment you're character hits level 51, you will love the "xp bonus" buff from the armor... effectively making this armor the equivalent of WOW Heirloom armor that is good until level 50/51.
Hit me up in-game or reply to this post if there is any other info you need. Or if you need me to do any kind of testing with the armor. I have the first 3 pieces so far and should have pieces 4 & 5 within the next week.